A couple of essentials, just in case.
So, I said I was going to do a blog on eye primers, but I’m quite tired tonight so I am afraid, I’ve had a change of mind.
Instead, a word of advice for brides on your day.
At the beginning of your day, I will have done everything in my power to keep your glorious face in tip top condition for as long as possible and you will feel a million dollars, but you have to remember after a million and one kisses, 25 thousand hugs, chatting, eating, laughing and crying… Your face may start to wear.
Here are some essentials you may want for touch ups.
- Translucent powder. As everyone knows, shine is not ideal ….no one likes to look like they have been for a session at the gym in their wedding photos, so to keep that shine at bay but not have a risk of the wrong colour match or overpowderring, translucent is your one. It will just help take away your shine without layering up product making you look cakey. Remember also ladies, powder does not have to cover the whole face. Quite often you only need it in the tzone areas, it’s all about the balance.
- Lipstick/gloss. Remember it is highly unlikely that freelance makeup artists will be selling lipsticks to their brides, so make sure you ask the artist what lipstick they are using and either get them to buy it, or buy it yourself. Or… use one you own and feel comfortable with.
- Lash glue. If you’re used to wearing false lashes and are going to be on your day, please please remember to take some lash glue with you! No one wants a lash trying to gravitate toward their eyebrow.
- Brush/sponge. I always like to have some form of brush/sponge just so I can brush over my foundation or smooth over under my eyes if things get a little worn.
- Tissues. No explanation needed.
…and if you are wondering where on earth you are going to keep all this, well, that’s whay bridesmaids are for right?